The latest news about early childhood, including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
A comparison of states' preschool enrollment and test scores, and a deeper look at Tennessee's pre-K program bolster arguments that prekindergarten is not the primary solution to closing the achievement gap. (July 18, 2018)
EDUCATION WEEK EXPERTS
Early Years Blog
Quality Counts is Education Week's annual report on state-level efforts to improve public education. This 19th edition of the report delves into early-childhood education.
Three-fourths of the nation's kindergartners attend full-day programs. Click the map to find enrollment numbers for your state.
Data: Kindergartners Enter More Ready in Math and Literacy, Researchers Say
Kindergarten students in 2010 started school with more math and literacy skills than kindergartners did just 12 years earlier. What changed in that time?
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary Principal
- Indianapolis Independent School Recruitment, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Social Studies/English Teacher 6th grade
- Hatikvah International Academy Charter School, East Brunswick, New Jersey
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Superintendent of Schools
- Prather Consulting, Clovis, New Mexico
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS
- Berkeley County Board of Education, Martinsburg, West Virginia