By Alyson Klein and Andrew Ujifusa
It’s that time of year again! We’re taking stock of the past year and looking forward to 2016. We don’t know for certain what the new year will bring, but something tell us we won’t be writing any of these stories:
1) Common Core Will Make America Great Again, Says Donald Trump
2) President-Elect Ted Cruz Appoints Arne Duncan as Education Secretary
3) Kline, Alexander to Ed. Dept.: These ESSA Regs Are Way Too Loosey-Goosey
4) K-12 Education Central Issue in 2016 Presidential Election
5) President-Elect Hillary Clinton Taps Michelle Rhee as Education Secretary
6) NEA, AFT, State Chiefs, District Advocates: Bring Back NCLB!
7) Opt-Out Movement: On Second Thought, Pearson is Awesome
8) Presidential Candidates: What We Need is More Standardized Testing
9) GOP Congress Creates $100 Billion Early-Childhood Program to Bolster Obama’s Legacy
10) Ed. Dept. to States: Okay, Fine, We Admit It. We’re Irrelevant Now. Do Whatever You Want.
Follow us on Twitter at @PoliticsK12.