A new report by the Southern Regional Education Board, or SREB, provides states with a road map to improve computer science education. The report calls for states to:
• Develop computer science standards for K-12;
• Lay the groundwork for learning computer science by including more computer science in early grades and requiring four years of math for all high school students;
• Include computer science career pathways in state accountability and funding systems;
• Hire teachers with content knowledge and interest in learning computer science; and
• Make career advisement a part of education across K-12.
A version of this article appeared in the January 11, 2017 edition of Education Week as Computer Science