Two-Year Report: Education Stimulus - Gauging the Impact of a Federal Windfall
About This Project
Education Week joined in a collaboration with the Education Writers Association and The Hechinger Report, a nonprofit news outlet and independently funded unit of Teachers College, Columbia University. The in-depth examination of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act’s impact on K-12 education draws on material from 36 news outlets in 27 states, as well as reporting by Education Week. Their work included interviews with scores of students, teachers, researchers, and education officials at all levels of government. Work on the project by The Hechinger Report and the EWA was funded, in part, by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Education Stimulus: Gauging the Impact of a Federal Windfall
Read a transcript of the discussion between Hechinger Institute Director Richard Lee Colvin and Education Week Assistant Editor Michele McNeil on the impact of the 2009 economic-stimulus package on education.
- High School Math Teacher
- Moreau Catholic High School, Hayward, California
- Principal – New School Opening in Spanish Town Jamaica
- Christel House International, Spanish Town (JM)
- History Teachers SY18-19
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston Public Schools , Boston, Massachusetts
- Senior Editor
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US