Nation Gets a C-Minus on K-12 Achievement
Massachusetts and New Jersey post the only grades of B for K-12 achievement. At the other end of the spectrum, Alaska and New Mexico receive the lowest grades, each getting a D-minus.
Examine the grades and scores that states and the nation earned on the K-12 Achievement Index in Quality Counts 2020, along with how they scored on a host of indicators that go into those rankings.
For a description of what these education indicators mean, view the grading scale and methodology.
- • Having trouble viewing this? Download the grading summary (PDF | 268KB)
- • Get more information on individual states with State Highlights Reports
- • View the grading scale, methodology, sources, and notes
- • See Also: Nation’s Schools Get a 'C' Once Again, Even as Pandemic Turns Up the Heat
- • See Also: Nation Shows Mediocre Academic Performance as Pandemic Continues
Vol. 40, Issue 02