Prevent teacher burnout and support staff retention in your district by strengthening staff climate and providing resources for adult social-emotional learning. Learn how district and school leaders can support adult social-emotional well-being and efficacy with tangible, data-backed practices.
When teachers and staff feel supported, empowered, and trusted by school leadership, they can create conditions that lead to students’ academic, social, and emotional development.
We’ll delve into strategies for:
- Addressing teacher burnout by prioritizing climate and adult well-being
- Delivering targeted professional development to build educator skills and capacity around social-emotional learning
- Developing programs, resources, and activities to support adults’ own self-care and well-being in schools
- Using tools to listen to and address educators’ professional, social, and emotional needs
- Shifting adult mindsets and help them understand, develop, and model social-emotional skills for students
For all webinars broadcast by Education Week after August 1, 2019, Certificates of Completion are available to all registered live attendees who attend 53 minutes or more of this webinar. Educators can download a PDF certificate verifying 1 hour of Professional Development credit. As with all professional development hours delivered, Education Week recommends each educator verify ahead of the webinar broadcast that the content will qualify for professional development in your school, district, county, or state with your supervisor, human resources professional, and/or principal or superintendent’s office.
A transcript will be available for download from the resource list within five business days after the event.