Decades of research have shown that when schools implement evidence-based social and emotional supports and programming, academic achievement increases. The impact of these supports – particularly for students of color, students from low-income communities, English learners, and students with disabilities – can be amplified by integrating them within a multi-tiered system of support (MTSS) framework.
Join this webinar to learn:
- How including social, emotional, and behavior (SEB) supports within an MTSS advances equity, enabling students to bring their full and authentic selves to learning
- How school culture impacts teaching and learning
- The role of screening, progress monitoring, and tiered levels of support to ensure that all students can succeed in learning
- Strategies for providing inclusive, culturally sustaining Tier 1 SEB instruction
- School-based supports for students with Tier 2 and 3 SEB needs
- System-wide structures that promote equity and continuous improvement
For all webinars broadcast by Education Week after August 1, 2019, Certificates of Completion are available to all registered live attendees who attend 53 minutes or more of this webinar. Educators can download a PDF certificate verifying 1 hour of Professional Development credit. As with all professional development hours delivered, Education Week recommends each educator verify ahead of the webinar broadcast that the content will qualify for professional development in your school, district, county, or state with your supervisor, human resources professional, and/or principal or superintendent’s office.
A transcript will be available for download from the resource list within five business days after the event.