Join us for our upcoming webinar, Recruiting and Retaining a More Diverse Teaching Workforce, as we dive into one of the most important topics confronting today’s K-12 educational landscape. During the webinar, we will:
- Uncover exclusive data from Education Week Research Center on teachers’ attitudes and behaviors around diversity in the classroom
- Share exclusive data from Education Week Research Center on the extent to which K-12 districts prioritize an increasingly diverse educator workforce
- Reveal the disconnect in many K-12 classrooms between the racial makeup of students and teachers, and why it matters
- Hear from our panelists who will share insights on what it’s like to be a teacher and a principal of color
- Learn effective strategies for recruiting and retaining a more racially diverse workforce
- Have a Q&A to ask questions directly to each of our panelists
For all webinars broadcast by Education Week after August 1, 2019, Certificates of Completion are available to all registered live attendees who attend 53 minutes or more of this webinar. Educators can download a PDF certificate verifying 1 hour of Professional Development credit. As with all professional development hours delivered, Education Week recommends each educator verify ahead of the webinar broadcast that the content will qualify for professional development in your school, district, county, or state with your supervisor, human resources professional, and/or principal or superintendent’s office.
Closed-captioning is available for this event. On the date of the event, you can log in as early as 15 minutes before the start of the webinar. Open the “Closed-Captioning” link from the “resource list” (located at the bottom of the console) to access Communication Access Realtime Translation (CART). A transcript will be available for download from the resource list within five business days after the event.