This page provides links to reports and resources highlighted in the July 28, 2004, issue of Education Week. The grey headlines show the Education Week stories in which the references appear. The links in blue will take you to resource materials on other Web sites.
- The report “Special Education: Additional Assistance and Better Coordination Needed among Education Offices to Help States Meet the NCLBA Teacher Requirements,” is available from the Government Accountability Office.
- A summary of “State Budget & Tax Actions 2004: Preliminary report,” is available from the National Conference of State Legislatures.
- Abstinence and Contraception: Read “Can Changes in Sexual Behaviors Among High School Students Explain the Decline in Teen Pregnancy Rates in the 1990s?” from the National Campaign to Prevent Teen Pregnancy.
- ‘Education Investment': Read a summary of the book “Smart Money: Education and Economic Development,” from the Economic Policy Institute.
- Television’s Influence: Read more about the Uhlich Teen Report Card from the Uhlich Children’s Advantage Network.
- After-School Programs: The report “After-School Programs: Expanding Access and Ensuring Quality,” is available from theProgressive Policy Institute.