- Aspire Public Schools, Redwood City, Calif., manages a network of charter schools.
- Carnegie Learning, Pittsburgh, creates new mathematics curricula.
- High Tech High, San Diego, pilots a math and science charter school model.
- GreatSchools.Net, San Francisco, provides online school data for parents.
- LearnNow, New York City, manages public schools (acquired by Edison Schools Inc.).
- New Leaders for New Schools, New York City, trains new principals.
- Success for All, Baltimore, Md., offers a reading-instruction program
- Teach For America, New York City, recruits new teachers.
- Teachscape, New York City, creates online training tools for educators.
A version of this article appeared in the April 24, 2002 edition of Education Week as The New Schools Portfolio