Every Student Succeeds Act
The latest news about ESSA—the latest revision of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act—including articles, Commentaries, and special features.
The new Every Student Succeeds Act rolls back much of the federal government's big footprint in education policy, on everything from testing and teacher quality to low-performing schools. (March 31, 2016)
In this e-book, Education Week gets to the heart of a law set to reshape the education policy landscape in a host of issue areas, including school accountability and testing, teacher quality, academic standards, and English-language learners.
The 21st edition of Quality Counts examines what states and districts are doing to make ready for the Every Student Succeeds Act's implementation, and offers state-by-state grades for how the nation's schools are faring on a range of educational measures.
Inside The Every Student Succeeds Act
This special report on ESSA looks at what the law will mean for virtually every aspect of public schooling when it takes full effect in the 2017-18 academic year.
On Feb. 1, 2017, Education Week hosted "Keys to ESSA Readiness," an online event connecting our readers with reporters for a day of discussions about the Every Student Succeeds Act.
Politics K-12 Blog
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Instructional Resource Development, Advanced Placement (AP®) with WE Service Program
- WE Charity, New York, NY
- Trenton Public Schools, Trenton, NJ
- Middle School Language Arts
- St. Vrain Valley School District, Longmont, CO
- General Posting - Principal, High School 2017-18
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools, Virginia Beach, VA
- Principal - All Levels
- Baltimore City Public Schools, Baltimore, MD