Supplementary Resources for Teachers of Core Subjects
In Quality Counts 2008, the EPE Research Center found that most states supplement their academic content standards by providing teachers in core academic subjects with resources or guides to help them implement those standards. These resources include curriculum guides, assessment frameworks, and performance benchmarks. For the 2007-08 school year, teachers of English in all states and the District of Columbia had access to such materials. All states except for Minnesota provided math teachers with supplementary resources or guides, while Vermont was the one state without such resources in science. Forty-three states offered resources or guides for social studies, the lowest level of access among the four core subject areas.
For more state-by-state data, search EPE's Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Speech Language Pathologist
- Pinellas County Schools, Largo, FL
- Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Salem, OR
- Free Online K-12 Education Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- Windham Path Academy, Willimantic, CT
- Principal, Highland Springs High School
- Henrico County Public Schools, Henrico, VA