Uncertain Forecast: Education Adjusts to a New Economic Reality
Leading education researchers, superintendents, and school financial officers joined Education Week on Jan. 11, 2011, for a daylong discussion of K-12 policy and economics, plus the release of our 15th annual Quality Counts report, an in-depth assessment of the challenges facing the states and how successfully education systems are meeting them.
The presentations and roundtable discussions, produced with support from the American Institutes for Research, investigated the impact of the recession, federal stimulus, and broader economic conditions on the nation’s schools. Our researchers also discussed the findings in the Quality Counts report, announced this year’s state grades and rankings, and sat down with the schools chief of the top-ranked state for a conversation about what works.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ