Uncertain Forecast: Education Adjusts to a New Economic Reality
Leading education researchers, superintendents, and school financial officers joined Education Week on Jan. 11, 2011, for a daylong discussion of K-12 policy and economics, plus the release of our 15th annual Quality Counts report, an in-depth assessment of the challenges facing the states and how successfully education systems are meeting them.
The presentations and roundtable discussions, produced with support from the American Institutes for Research, investigated the impact of the recession, federal stimulus, and broader economic conditions on the nation’s schools. Our researchers also discussed the findings in the Quality Counts report, announced this year’s state grades and rankings, and sat down with the schools chief of the top-ranked state for a conversation about what works.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Assistant Professor of Special Education, Visual Impairments
- University of Pittsburgh, School of Education, PA
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD