Spotlight on Parent Empowerment and Choice
On Parent Empowerment and Choice
|Check out the complete collection of Education Week Spotlights here.|
The Education Week Spotlight on Parent Empowerment and Choice is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Special education vouchers paving the way for broader school choice initiatives
- 'Parent trigger' laws allowing parents to restructure struggling schools
- Rethinking magnet schools to improve school quality
- Taking a 'hybrid' approach to home schooling, offering private and public options
- Understanding the impact of state voucher laws
You get the seven articles below in a downloadable PDF. The Spotlight is made possible in part by a grant from the Walton Family Foundation, which supports coverage of parent-empowerment issues. More at www.waltonfamilyfoundation.org.
Related Spotlights:Parent and Community Involvement
Increasingly, parent engagement is becoming an important focus for district leaders. In this Spotlight see how leaders are involving parent groups in district decision-making, how national organizations are introducing the common-core standards to parents, and see how digital tools and social media are playing a role in parent communications.
Research indicates that students benefit when their parents are engaged in their learning and schools. This Spotlight explores how to encourage meaningful home-school connections.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Chief Legal Officer & Deputy Superintendent of Instruction and Curriculum
- DeKalb County School District, DeKalb, GA
- Assistant Principal
- The SEED Public Charter School of Washington, DC, DC
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- KSTF, Moorestown, NJ
- Associate Director, Research and Assessment
- American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL), Alexandria, VA
- Westport Public Schools, Westport, CT