Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Incorporating language arts across the subject areas to meet the expectations of the common standards
- Adapting to the increased focus on nonfiction
- Understanding how the common core could impact popular reading instruction techniques, like prereading exercises
- Efforts to build a free, online repository of text-dependent questions and tasks aligned to popular basal-readers.
- Preparing English-language learners for the complex challenges of the common core
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Curriculum Manager - English Language Arts
- Apex Learning, Seattle, WA
- Director of Special Projects
- National Alliance for Partnerships in Equity Education Foundation, Gap, PA
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Technology Teacher
- Brookwood School District 167, Glenwood, IL