Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Incorporating language arts across the subject areas to meet the expectations of the common standards
- Adapting to the increased focus on nonfiction
- Understanding how the common core could impact popular reading instruction techniques, like prereading exercises
- Efforts to build a free, online repository of text-dependent questions and tasks aligned to popular basal-readers.
- Preparing English-language learners for the complex challenges of the common core
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Worcester County Board of Education, MD
- CEO / Head of School
- The Kingsbury Center, Washington, DC
- Industrial Education Teacher
- Haven Middle School, IL
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Chief Executive Officer
- Confluence Charter Schools, Saint Louis, MO