Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Incorporating language arts across the subject areas to meet the expectations of the common standards
- Adapting to the increased focus on nonfiction
- Understanding how the common core could impact popular reading instruction techniques, like prereading exercises
- Efforts to build a free, online repository of text-dependent questions and tasks aligned to popular basal-readers.
- Preparing English-language learners for the complex challenges of the common core
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Executive Director
- Aspen Academy, Savage, MN