Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Incorporating language arts across the subject areas to meet the expectations of the common standards
- Adapting to the increased focus on nonfiction
- Understanding how the common core could impact popular reading instruction techniques, like prereading exercises
- Efforts to build a free, online repository of text-dependent questions and tasks aligned to popular basal-readers.
- Preparing English-language learners for the complex challenges of the common core
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Skype Interviews March 5 - EXCLUSIVE CHINA Teaching Jobs
- Edvectus, China
- Teacher Pipeline Posting – Elementary Level, K-5
- Blueprint Schools Network, Boston, MA
- Rogers Public Schools, Rogers, AK
- Head of School - Rindge Avenue Upper School
- Cambridge Public Schools, Cambridge, MA
- DIRECTOR, SCHOOL SAFETY & SECURITY
- Sarasota County School District, Sarasota, FL