Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core
The Education Week Spotlight on English/Language Arts and the Common Core is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Incorporating language arts across the subject areas to meet the expectations of the common standards
- Adapting to the increased focus on nonfiction
- Understanding how the common core could impact popular reading instruction techniques, like prereading exercises
- Efforts to build a free, online repository of text-dependent questions and tasks aligned to popular basal-readers.
- Preparing English-language learners for the complex challenges of the common core
You get the eight articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Teach/Work in Indian Country
- www.Indian-Ed.com, US
- Executive Director
- California Collaborative for Educational Excellence (CCEE), CA
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR