Spotlight on Dropout Prevention
The Education Week Spotlight on Dropout Prevention is a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors for their insights on:
- Using early-college programs to increase student engagement and reduce dropout rates
- Developing early warning indicators for ELL dropouts
- Motivating underachieving students in online credit recovery courses
- Eliminating barriers to graduation and college for Hispanic girls
- Preventing chronic absenteeism in schools
You get the seven articles below in a downloadable PDF. A great value!
Related Spotlights:Dropout Prevention (2010)
Recognizing the essential role of high school diplomas in their students' lives, this Spotlight examines how schools are using new strategies and a whatever-it-takes attitude to discourage dropping out and boost graduation rates.
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Supervisor, Secondary Literacy Instruction
- Montgomery County Public Schools, MD
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Executive Director for EdReports
- Koya Leadership Partners, Boston, MA
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Chief Academic Officer
- The Partnership for Inner-City Education, New York, NY