Spotlight on Common Standards
The Education Week Spotlight on Common Standards brings together a collection of articles hand-picked by our editors including insights on:
- The Common Core effort to establish uniform expectations for the nation's students
- The development process of crafting draft standards
- Who is involved in deciding what math and language arts skills students will need to know
- The commonality of standards across states
- Expert commentary on how national content standards compare to the standards currently in use and related assessment and curriculum issues
- Web resources on common academic standards
A great value! You get the nine articles below and a resource guide in a downloadable PDF.
Related Spotlights on the Common Standards:
Common Core Assessment and Curriculum (2012)
The common-core standards are giving new shape to curriculum and student assessment across the country. This Spotlight explains how the standards will impact curriculum development and the crafting of common assessments.
Implementing Common Standards (2012)
In order to implement the Common Core State Standards, educators need instructional materials and assessments. But not all states are moving at the same pace, and some districts are finding common-core resources in short supply. This Spotlight highlights the curriculum, professional development, and online resources available to help districts prepare for the common core.
Implementing Common Standards (2011)
There is ongoing debate about the implementation of common-core standards. These standards have widespread implications for curriculum, teacher training, student assessment and technology planning. This Spotlight follows the latest developments, state-by-state, and looks at the key players influencing the process of implementation.
Implementing Common Standards (2010)
The Common Core State Standards Initiative has produced its final set of much-anticipated academic standards, in math and language arts. This Spotlight looks at the policy and practical implications for states and schools as they contemplate the standards and their impact on the lives of students and educators.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- West York Area School District, York, PA
- Director of Communications and Community Relations
- Salem-Keizer Public Schools, Salem, OR
- Special Services Director / School Psychologist
- SJISD, Friday Harbor, WA
- Free Online K-12 Education Job Fair | Teaching and Admin. Jobs for 2017-2018
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, US
- Special Education Program Specialist
- TAESE/Utah State University, Utah State University, UT