Two-Year Report: Education Stimulus - Gauging the Impact of a Federal Windfall
About This Project
Education Week joined in a collaboration with the Education Writers Association and The Hechinger Report, a nonprofit news outlet and independently funded unit of Teachers College, Columbia University. The in-depth examination of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act’s impact on K-12 education draws on material from 36 news outlets in 27 states, as well as reporting by Education Week. Their work included interviews with scores of students, teachers, researchers, and education officials at all levels of government. Work on the project by The Hechinger Report and the EWA was funded, in part, by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Education Stimulus: Gauging the Impact of a Federal Windfall
Read a transcript of the discussion between Hechinger Institute Director Richard Lee Colvin and Education Week Assistant Editor Michele McNeil on the impact of the 2009 economic-stimulus package on education.
- Joplin Schools, MO
- Learning Disabilities Special Education Teacher
- Stevens Point Area Public School District, WI
- Early Childhood Education Teachers
- Tutor Time Learning Center, Brooklyn, NY
- Deputy Superintendent for School Administration
- Birmingham Public Schools, Beverly Hills, MI
- Clinical Assistant Professor
- Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA