News in Brief
Input Sought on Test Accommodations
The multistate consortium known as PARCC is seeking input on part of the accommodation-policy manual for tests it is creating for the Common Core State Standards.
The group is looking for guidance on policies that would govern the use of calculators on math tests and read-aloud supports for the English/language arts tests.
PARCC, the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers, and the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, are charged with creating common-core assessments, which will be administered for the first time in 2014-15. The groups were awarded $360 million from the U.S. Department of Education for this work.
The comment period on the draft calculator and read-aloud policies ends Feb. 4.
Vol. 32, Issue 18, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA