News in Brief
Input Sought on Test Accommodations
The multistate consortium known as PARCC is seeking input on part of the accommodation-policy manual for tests it is creating for the Common Core State Standards.
The group is looking for guidance on policies that would govern the use of calculators on math tests and read-aloud supports for the English/language arts tests.
PARCC, the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers, and the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium, are charged with creating common-core assessments, which will be administered for the first time in 2014-15. The groups were awarded $360 million from the U.S. Department of Education for this work.
The comment period on the draft calculator and read-aloud policies ends Feb. 4.
Vol. 32, Issue 18, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO