Former Chairman of Mass. Board Dies
John R. Silber, the sharp-tongued, pugnacious public intellectual who, as president of Boston University, oversaw the takeover of the city of Chelsea's troubled public school system and was later appointed chairman of the Massachusetts board of education, died last...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Regional Area Partner
- Focus EduVation, US
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA