News in Brief
Urban Ed. Group Offers Management Tool
The Council of the Great City Schools, which represents 67 of the nation's urban school districts, is launching its first commercial venture by selling a management tool that allows district financial and information officers to track key performance indicators in their school systems.
Previously, only members of the Washington-based organization could use the tool, called ActPoint KPI Performance Management System. Members will still have access to the tool for free, but other school districts will be able to purchase the system based on their own needs.
The performance indicators are clustered into four main noninstructional areas of district management: business services, which includes programs such as food service, transportation, and procurement; finance and budgeting; information technology; and human resources and personnel. Three hundred key performance indicators are available. Districts will be able to select packages of 50 or 100 indicators if they do not want to buy the entire package.
Vol. 32, Issue 04, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations