News in Brief
Urban Ed. Group Offers Management Tool
The Council of the Great City Schools, which represents 67 of the nation's urban school districts, is launching its first commercial venture by selling a management tool that allows district financial and information officers to track key performance indicators in their school systems.
Previously, only members of the Washington-based organization could use the tool, called ActPoint KPI Performance Management System. Members will still have access to the tool for free, but other school districts will be able to purchase the system based on their own needs.
The performance indicators are clustered into four main noninstructional areas of district management: business services, which includes programs such as food service, transportation, and procurement; finance and budgeting; information technology; and human resources and personnel. Three hundred key performance indicators are available. Districts will be able to select packages of 50 or 100 indicators if they do not want to buy the entire package.
Vol. 32, Issue 04, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Outreach Director
- Panorama Education, Boston, MA
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Superintendent of Catholic Schools
- The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington, Washington, DC
- Curriculum Manager - English Language Arts
- Apex Learning, Seattle, WA
- Director, K-12 Tools and Resources
- The College Board, new york 10023, NY