News in Brief
Re-Sorting Proposed for Blended Learning
The Innosight Institute last week released a white paper that combines the six categories it created to differentiate blended-learning models.
"Classifying K-12 Blended Learning" simplifies previous work by the Mountain View, Calif.-based institute and emerges with four new models: the rotation, flex, self-blend, and enriched-virtual models.
The new document also clarifies that face-to-face instruction in any blended model must occur outside a student's residence. The previous document was released in January 2011. This differentiates blended models from fully online models where a student may receive supplemental instruction from a parent or caregiver.
Vol. 31, Issue 32, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT