News in Brief
Re-Sorting Proposed for Blended Learning
The Innosight Institute last week released a white paper that combines the six categories it created to differentiate blended-learning models.
"Classifying K-12 Blended Learning" simplifies previous work by the Mountain View, Calif.-based institute and emerges with four new models: the rotation, flex, self-blend, and enriched-virtual models.
The new document also clarifies that face-to-face instruction in any blended model must occur outside a student's residence. The previous document was released in January 2011. This differentiates blended models from fully online models where a student may receive supplemental instruction from a parent or caregiver.
Vol. 31, Issue 32, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA