News in Brief
Re-Sorting Proposed for Blended Learning
The Innosight Institute last week released a white paper that combines the six categories it created to differentiate blended-learning models.
"Classifying K-12 Blended Learning" simplifies previous work by the Mountain View, Calif.-based institute and emerges with four new models: the rotation, flex, self-blend, and enriched-virtual models.
The new document also clarifies that face-to-face instruction in any blended model must occur outside a student's residence. The previous document was released in January 2011. This differentiates blended models from fully online models where a student may receive supplemental instruction from a parent or caregiver.
Vol. 31, Issue 32, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- Baldwin Union Free School District, Baldwin, NY
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations