News in Brief
Re-Sorting Proposed for Blended Learning
The Innosight Institute last week released a white paper that combines the six categories it created to differentiate blended-learning models.
"Classifying K-12 Blended Learning" simplifies previous work by the Mountain View, Calif.-based institute and emerges with four new models: the rotation, flex, self-blend, and enriched-virtual models.
The new document also clarifies that face-to-face instruction in any blended model must occur outside a student's residence. The previous document was released in January 2011. This differentiates blended models from fully online models where a student may receive supplemental instruction from a parent or caregiver.
Vol. 31, Issue 32, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Superintendent of Schools
- Regional School Unit 21, Kennebunk, ME
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Accomack County Public Schools, Accomac, VA
- Muddy Brook Principal
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Stockbridge, MA