News in Brief
Re-Sorting Proposed for Blended Learning
The Innosight Institute last week released a white paper that combines the six categories it created to differentiate blended-learning models.
"Classifying K-12 Blended Learning" simplifies previous work by the Mountain View, Calif.-based institute and emerges with four new models: the rotation, flex, self-blend, and enriched-virtual models.
The new document also clarifies that face-to-face instruction in any blended model must occur outside a student's residence. The previous document was released in January 2011. This differentiates blended models from fully online models where a student may receive supplemental instruction from a parent or caregiver.
Vol. 31, Issue 32, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- Principal - Secondary (Pool)
- Jefferson County Public Schools, Golden, CO
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL