Gay Slurs Found to Be Common Talk in Schools
"Playgrounds and Prejudice: Elementary School Climate in the United States"
While most elementary students are taught they shouldn't bully each other or call each other names, many report that they hear classmates say things like "you're so gay" or "that's so gay," according to a new nationwide survey commissioned by the Gay,...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS