Iowa Governor Seeks to Raise Teachers' College Bar
Securing a place in the teaching profession will become a bit tougher in Iowa, if Gov. Terry Branstad and the state schools chief, Jason Glass, have their way.
Gov. Branstad, a Republican, wants to require a minimum 3.0 grade point average for admission to teacher education programs in the state, as part of a package of proposed changes to school policy unveiled earlier this year. Many of the changes...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Orleans Parish School District, New Orleans, LA
- Benilde-St. Margaret's, St. Louis Park, MN
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH