News in Brief
Autism Law Provides Millions for Research
President Barack Obama has signed legislation that will allow research about autism to continue for the next three years. The Combating Autism Reauthorization Act of 2011 will provide $231 million for autism-related research, preserving spending levels set in the original 2006 law. The research would build on improvements in such areas as autism screening and the identification of autism-susceptibility genes.
Vol. 31, Issue 07, Page 4
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda
- Elementary Principal Madarin Dual Language Program
- Bellevue School District, Bellevue, WA