News in Brief
Ethics Complaint Filed Against Iowa Schools Chief
Iowa schools chief Jason Glass faces an ethics complaint over a trip to Brazil, one of a number of foreign visits that he and officials from other states took that were supported financially by an education company's foundation.
The Council of Chief State School Officers had a role in arranging the trip and it was supported by the Pearson Foundation, The New York Times reported last month. The story noted that several public officials on the trips were from states that have contracts with the commercial arm of Pearson, and it raised questions about whether the organization's financial support was meant to gain influence among state officials.
The complaint against Mr. Glass was filed with the Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board by a resident.
Mr. Glass told Education Week he was confident that he had done nothing wrong.
Vol. 31, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX