News in Brief
Ethics Complaint Filed Against Iowa Schools Chief
Iowa schools chief Jason Glass faces an ethics complaint over a trip to Brazil, one of a number of foreign visits that he and officials from other states took that were supported financially by an education company's foundation.
The Council of Chief State School Officers had a role in arranging the trip and it was supported by the Pearson Foundation, The New York Times reported last month. The story noted that several public officials on the trips were from states that have contracts with the commercial arm of Pearson, and it raised questions about whether the organization's financial support was meant to gain influence among state officials.
The complaint against Mr. Glass was filed with the Iowa Ethics and Campaign Disclosure Board by a resident.
Mr. Glass told Education Week he was confident that he had done nothing wrong.
Vol. 31, Issue 06, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC