News in Brief
Murdoch to Deliver Keynote at October Education Summit
News Corp. Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Rupert Murdoch, who launched the media conglomerate’s education division last November, is scheduled to be the headline speaker Oct. 14 at this year’s National Summit on Education Reform, to be held in San Francisco. The Foundation for Excellence in Education sponsors the event.
The engagement appears to signal that Mr. Murdoch has no intention of slowing his long-term involvement in education, even after the recent rejection of a contract for the construction of a statewide data system between Wireless Generation—the first and only education company to be acquired under News Corp.'s new division to date—and New York state. News Corp.'s move into education has been clouded by the phone-hacking scandal involving one of its British newspapers.
Vol. 31, Issue 05, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Vice President, Teacher Preparation Strategies
- National Council on Teacher Quality, Washington, DC
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA