News in Brief
587 Grant Applicants Vie for Smaller Round of i3 Cash
Nearly 600 school districts, nonprofits, and groups of schools applied for the second round of the Investing in Innovation grant competition, designed by the U.S. Department of Education to find and scale-up the most promising education improvement ideas.
Both the number of applicants, 587, and the dollars available, $150 million, were much smaller than in last year's competition, when 1,669 groups applied for a share of $650 million. Forty-nine winners eventually split that money. The awards, funded by a congressional budget deal, are expected to be announced in December.
Vol. 31, Issue 03, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Principal
- Unionvile-Chadds Ford School District, Kennett Square, PA
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Eduator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Middle School Teachers - $125K Salary
- The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, New York, NY
- Director, Adult and Career Education
- The School District of Lee County, Fort Myers, FL
- World History Teacher
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, FL