News in Brief
18 States Changed Tenure Laws
At least 18 states have approved laws affecting teacher tenure and the granting of continuing contracts so far this year, according to a new report by the Education Commission of the States. In many of those states, the changes have made it more difficult to obtain job protections or required teacher performance evaluations in decisions to grant tenure.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Talent Recruiter
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Glenwood Springs, CO
- Chief Information Officer and Special Projects Manager
- Randolph Public Schools, MA
- Modern & Classical Languages Department Chair
- New Trier Township High School District 203, Winnetka, IL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Fremont County School District #14, Ethete, WY
- Dean of Students
- Diman Regional Vocational-Technical High School, Fall River, MA