News in Brief
18 States Changed Tenure Laws
At least 18 states have approved laws affecting teacher tenure and the granting of continuing contracts so far this year, according to a new report by the Education Commission of the States. In many of those states, the changes have made it more difficult to obtain job protections or required teacher performance evaluations in decisions to grant tenure.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Executive Director, Charter Schools
- School District of Philadelphia, PA
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Multiple Special Services
- Maine Regional School Union No. 10, Dixfield, ME
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL