News in Brief
Ind. Eyes First School Takeover
Indiana schools chief Tony Bennett last week recommended the state’s first takeover of a troubled public school, targeting a high school in Gary. A 1999 law allows the state to intervene if a school has not improved its test scores after five years on probation.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ
- Maryhaven Center of Hope, Port Jefferson Station, NY
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA
- Director, Post-Secondary Workforce Readiness Program
- Aurora Public Schools, Aurora, CO