News in Brief
Ind. Eyes First School Takeover
Indiana schools chief Tony Bennett last week recommended the state’s first takeover of a troubled public school, targeting a high school in Gary. A 1999 law allows the state to intervene if a school has not improved its test scores after five years on probation.
Vol. 31, Issue 02, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Darien, CT Superintendent of Schools
- NESDEC, Darien, CT