Studies: Teacher Retention Lower at Charter Schools
"Teacher Stability and Turnover in Los Angeles: The Influence of Teacher and School Characteristics," and
"How Diverse Schools Affect Student Mobility: Charter, Magnet, and Newly Built Campuses in Los Angeles"
Charter school teachers in the 678,000-student Los Angeles school district are up to three times more likely to leave their school at year’s end compared with their peers in traditional public schools, according to a study from the...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Benilde-St. Margaret's, St. Louis Park, MN
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH