News in Brief
Teacher Salaries Should Start at $60,000, Duncan Says
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan is calling for a retooling of the nation's teacher pipeline, with a higher bar for admission to schools of education, improved performance-based teacher accountability, and higher salaries. In remarks last month to a National Board for Professional Teaching Standards conference, he called for teachers to start out making $60,000 a year and to top out at around $150,000.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Head of School/President
- Saint Gertrude High School, Richmond, VA
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, South Orange & Maplewood
- The School District of South Orange & Maplewood, Maplewood, NJ