News in Brief
Teacher Salaries Should Start at $60,000, Duncan Says
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan is calling for a retooling of the nation's teacher pipeline, with a higher bar for admission to schools of education, improved performance-based teacher accountability, and higher salaries. In remarks last month to a National Board for Professional Teaching Standards conference, he called for teachers to start out making $60,000 a year and to top out at around $150,000.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Durham Public Schools, Durham, NC
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL