News in Brief
Teacher Salaries Should Start at $60,000, Duncan Says
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan is calling for a retooling of the nation's teacher pipeline, with a higher bar for admission to schools of education, improved performance-based teacher accountability, and higher salaries. In remarks last month to a National Board for Professional Teaching Standards conference, he called for teachers to start out making $60,000 a year and to top out at around $150,000.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN
- Director of Academic and Strategic Initiatives - Instruction
- Anne Arundel County Public Schools, Annapolis, MD
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School, Clearwater, FL