News in Brief
Teacher Salaries Should Start at $60,000, Duncan Says
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan is calling for a retooling of the nation's teacher pipeline, with a higher bar for admission to schools of education, improved performance-based teacher accountability, and higher salaries. In remarks last month to a National Board for Professional Teaching Standards conference, he called for teachers to start out making $60,000 a year and to top out at around $150,000.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA