News in Brief
Teacher Salaries Should Start at $60,000, Duncan Says
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan is calling for a retooling of the nation's teacher pipeline, with a higher bar for admission to schools of education, improved performance-based teacher accountability, and higher salaries. In remarks last month to a National Board for Professional Teaching Standards conference, he called for teachers to start out making $60,000 a year and to top out at around $150,000.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Director of Operations (Spanish Fluency Required)
- Ascend Learning, Brooklyn, NY
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Multiple Positions
- Jersey City Public Schools, Jersey City, NJ