News in Brief
Teacher Salaries Should Start at $60,000, Duncan Says
U.S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan is calling for a retooling of the nation's teacher pipeline, with a higher bar for admission to schools of education, improved performance-based teacher accountability, and higher salaries. In remarks last month to a National Board for Professional Teaching Standards conference, he called for teachers to start out making $60,000 a year and to top out at around $150,000.
Vol. 30, Issue 37, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Executive Director of Business Services
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, CA
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, VA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Blended High School Principal in NC
- Rocky Mount Prep, Rocky Mount, NC