Principals' Job Reviews Getting a Fresh Look
Highly effective principals are mentioned in the same breath with good teachers as an essential ingredient for improving schools.
But when it comes to developing tools that can determine whether school leaders possess the qualities that promote academic growth, safe schools, and teacher satisfaction, that effort has been overshadowed by the intense debate over how best to measure the performance of teachers. While policymakers engage in pointed discussions about how—and whether—to incorporate sophisticated measures of student achievement into teacher performance reviews, the conversation around evaluating principals has been less vociferous.
The balance, however, is...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- Notre Dame Cristo Rey High School, Lawrence, MA