News in Brief
Texas Pulls Out of Chiefs Group
Texas has withdrawn from the Council of Chief State School Officers, an influential Washington organization that is helping lead the push to teach to common academic standards across states, among its other efforts. Texas commissioner of education, Robert Scott, cited philosophical differences with the organization and membership costs. Every other state is a CCSSO member.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Senior Director, Professional Development Product Management
- The College Board, New York, NY
- Superintendent, Somerville Public Schools
- Somerville Public Schools, Somerville, MA
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Research Fellow - Education
- PPIC, San Francisco, CA