Texas Pulls Out of Chiefs Group
Texas has withdrawn from the Council of Chief State School Officers, an influential Washington organization that is helping lead the push to teach to common academic standards across states, among its other efforts. Texas commissioner of education, Robert Scott, cited philosophical differences with the organization and membership costs. Every other state is a CCSSO member.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Director of School Support
- The Achievement Network, Multiple Locations
- Elementary Principal
- Forest Grove School District, Forest Grove, OR
- Princeton Public School District, Princeton, NJ
- K-12 Teachers
- The International Educator, Multiple Locations