News in Brief
Texas Pulls Out of Chiefs Group
Texas has withdrawn from the Council of Chief State School Officers, an influential Washington organization that is helping lead the push to teach to common academic standards across states, among its other efforts. Texas commissioner of education, Robert Scott, cited philosophical differences with the organization and membership costs. Every other state is a CCSSO member.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Plainfield Director of Special Services
- New England School Development Council, Meriden, NH
- Supervisor, Secondary Literacy Instruction
- Montgomery County Public Schools, MD
- Executive Director for EdReports
- Koya Leadership Partners, Boston, MA