News in Brief
Texas Pulls Out of Chiefs Group
Texas has withdrawn from the Council of Chief State School Officers, an influential Washington organization that is helping lead the push to teach to common academic standards across states, among its other efforts. Texas commissioner of education, Robert Scott, cited philosophical differences with the organization and membership costs. Every other state is a CCSSO member.
Vol. 30, Issue 36, Page 4
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR