Technology Evolves to Offer a Clearer View of Science
Schools incorporate computer simulations, 3-D modeling
With the aid of computer simulations, invisible phenomena like static electricity or molecular reactions turn into easy-to-see processes.
In virtual labs that give high school students remote control of real-world lab equipment, the constraints and artificial simplicity that a 50-minute class period imposes on an experimental design fade away.
And in role-playing challenges, the technology fosters collaboration and critical thinking and relays data, but the crises themselves remain in the...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA
- Assistant Professor of Educational Administration
- Mississippi State University, Mississippi State, MS
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH