"An Appeal to All Americans"
A report by the National Commission on Civic Investment in Public Education calls on the nation's 19,000 community-based public education assistance organizations to better channel their resources to help schools cope with dwindling public funding.
Such groups include booster clubs, parent-teacher groups, high school alumni associations, and scholarship funds.
The report describes what districts, prospective donors, and the public can expect from them.
Vol. 30, Issue 33, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Senior Associate
- Great Schools Partnership, Portland, ME
- Coordinator of Connected Learning
- Center Grove Community School Corporation, Greenwood, IN
- Executive Director
- Charter School NYC, New York, NY
- Dunlap Community Unit School Dist. No. 323, Peoria, IL
- Dean Reich College of Education
- Appalachian State University, Boone, NC