News in Brief
Gov. Cuomo Proposes Tougher Evaluations
New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo is proposing tougher criteria to evaluate teachers, including greater use of student test scores, more rigorous observation in the classroom, and a higher bar to gain an overall positive rating. The teacher-evaluation system would replace the seniority-based system used in layoffs.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- Project Director - Boston Academic Strategy
- TNTP, Boston, MA
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- SAU #88 Lebanon School District, West Lebanon, NH