News in Brief
Gov. Cuomo Proposes Tougher Evaluations
New York Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo is proposing tougher criteria to evaluate teachers, including greater use of student test scores, more rigorous observation in the classroom, and a higher bar to gain an overall positive rating. The teacher-evaluation system would replace the seniority-based system used in layoffs.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- K-12 NEA Science Teachers Wanted for NGSS Curriculum Project. Earn $15k!
- BetterLesson, US
- Assistant Professor of Education: Educational Leadership/Teacher Leadership
- Maryville University, MO
- Principal Highland Park High School
- Township High School District #113, IL
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Boston Public Schools, Boston, MA