News in Brief
AFT Takes on Pension Spiking
The executive committee of the American Federation of Teachers, the nations second-largest teachers union, with 1.5 million members, called for an end to pension spiking and double-dipping in recommendations released last week. The union acknowledged that some pension practices inflate costs, including raising compensation near the end of a workers career to sweeten benefits payouts, known as spiking, and double-dipping, when an employee retires and is rehired, receiving both a pension and a salary.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Superintendent of Schools, Linn-Mar Community School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Marion, IA
- Implementation Success Manager
- Apex Learning, CA
- Township High School District 113, Highland Park, IL
- Head of School
- Triangle Associates, Pottersville, NJ
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations