News in Brief
AFT Takes on Pension Spiking
The executive committee of the American Federation of Teachers, the nations second-largest teachers union, with 1.5 million members, called for an end to pension spiking and double-dipping in recommendations released last week. The union acknowledged that some pension practices inflate costs, including raising compensation near the end of a workers career to sweeten benefits payouts, known as spiking, and double-dipping, when an employee retires and is rehired, receiving both a pension and a salary.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Education Consultant- SF Bay Area Territory
- Center for the Collaborative Classroom, Emeryville, CA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Assistant Superintendent, Human Resources
- Arlington Public Schools, Arlington, VA
- Director, Professional Development Curriculum Design & Development
- Northwest Evaluation Association, Portland, OR
- Executive Director of Business Services
- Hacienda La Puente Unified School District, CA