News in Brief
AFT Takes on Pension Spiking
The executive committee of the American Federation of Teachers, the nations second-largest teachers union, with 1.5 million members, called for an end to pension spiking and double-dipping in recommendations released last week. The union acknowledged that some pension practices inflate costs, including raising compensation near the end of a workers career to sweeten benefits payouts, known as spiking, and double-dipping, when an employee retires and is rehired, receiving both a pension and a salary.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Portsmouth School Department, Portsmouth, NH
- Dean of Culture
- Alma del Mar Charter School, New Bedford, MA
- Commissioner of Education
- CT State Department of Education, Hartford, CT
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations