News in Brief
AFT Takes on Pension Spiking
The executive committee of the American Federation of Teachers, the nations second-largest teachers union, with 1.5 million members, called for an end to pension spiking and double-dipping in recommendations released last week. The union acknowledged that some pension practices inflate costs, including raising compensation near the end of a workers career to sweeten benefits payouts, known as spiking, and double-dipping, when an employee retires and is rehired, receiving both a pension and a salary.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Marketing Communications Manager, North America (CIE)
- Cambridge International Examinations, New York City, NY
- Tennessee State Teacher Fellows Program Director
- Hope Street Group, TN
- Educational Administrator
- YWCA El Paso del Norte, El Paso, TX
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA