News in Brief
AFT Takes on Pension Spiking
The executive committee of the American Federation of Teachers, the nations second-largest teachers union, with 1.5 million members, called for an end to pension spiking and double-dipping in recommendations released last week. The union acknowledged that some pension practices inflate costs, including raising compensation near the end of a workers career to sweeten benefits payouts, known as spiking, and double-dipping, when an employee retires and is rehired, receiving both a pension and a salary.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA