News in Brief
AFT Takes on Pension Spiking
The executive committee of the American Federation of Teachers, the nations second-largest teachers union, with 1.5 million members, called for an end to pension spiking and double-dipping in recommendations released last week. The union acknowledged that some pension practices inflate costs, including raising compensation near the end of a workers career to sweeten benefits payouts, known as spiking, and double-dipping, when an employee retires and is rehired, receiving both a pension and a salary.
Vol. 30, Issue 32, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Senior Director, Business Development and Education Services
- Foundations, Inc., Mount Laurel, NJ
- Charter School Operator
- Options PCS, Multiple Locations
- Principal-Multiple Vacancies
- Polk County Schools, Bartow, FL
- Director, Accountability and Research
- Orange County Public Schools, Orlando, FL
- Director of Secondary Education
- Minneapolis Public Schools, MN