News in Brief
Model Standards For Teachers Ready
The Interstate Teacher Assessment and Support Consortium, a body of educators, teacher-educators, and state officials organized by the Council of Chief State School Officers, has finalized a revision of the Model Core Teaching Standards.
The influential standards have in the past formed the basis of many states’ professional teaching standards, and in some cases guide teacher education program approval decisions.
Originally crafted in the early 1990s for beginning teachers, the revised version is meant to be a guide for teachers at all stages of their careers. It delineates 10 areas of focus, detailing for each the knowledge teachers should have, the skills they should demonstrate, and the "critical dispositions" that should guide their teaching philosophies.
Vol. 30, Issue 30, Page 4
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Ridgefield Public Schools, Ridgefield, CT
- Principal - Marchman Technical Education Center
- Pasco County Schools, New Port Richey, FL
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- Principal, Niwot High School
- St. Vrain Valley School District, CO
- Lake Forest School District, Felton, DE