Gates, Pearson Partner to Craft Common-Core Curricula
As states and school districts grapple with how to teach the skills outlined in the new common standards, two foundations have announced a partnership aimed at crafting complete, online curricula for those standards in mathematics and English/language arts that span nearly every year of a child’s precollegiate education.
The announcement last month by the Pearson Foundation and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation marks yet another entry into the increasingly crowded marketplace of curriculum creation sparked by the common standards. All but six states have adopted the learning guidelines issued last year by the Common Core State Standards Initiative.
The move also represents a mix of philanthropic and business interests that is drawing attention from some educators and...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Flagler County Public Schools, Bunnell, FL
- Notre Dame Cristo Rey High School, Lawrence, MA
- Lawrence Family Development Charter School, Lawrence, MA
- Director of Product Marketing, Assessment
- Scholastic Inc., Manhattan, NY
- 3rd Grade Teacher
- New Hope Academy Charter School, Brooklyn, NY