N.Y. State Education Chief Resigns
New York state Education Commissioner David Steiner is resigning after two years on the job. His announcement came the same day that New York City schools Chancellor Cathleen P. Black resigned. Mr. Steiner had granted a waiver that allowed the former Hearst publications executive to take the city chancellor's job without an extensive background in education. Mr. Steiner called the timing a coincidence. (
"Selection for N.Y.C. Schools Chief Knows City Government, District,"
April 20, 2011.)
Vol. 30, Issue 28, Page 4
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- English Teacher
- MVCSD, Mount Vernon, NY
- Superintendent of Schools - SAU 9
- SAU 9 - Conway, NH, Conway, NH
- Immediate Teaching Positions Available at New Visions! Apply Now!
- New Visions for Public Schools, NY
- Executive Director
- Doctors Charter School, Miami Shores, FL
- Senior Content and Curriculum Leader
- BrightBytes, San Francisco, CA