Youth Drug Use
"Emergency Department Visits Involving Ecstasy"
Use of the drug Ecstasy appears to be rising among young people, and it’s sending more of them to hospitals, according to a report from the Drug Abuse Warning Network, published by the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
National survey data show that between 2005 and 2008, the percentage of teenagers who said they had used Ecstasy in the past year went from 1 percent to 1.4 percent. Nearly 18 percent of Ecstasy-related emergency-room visits in 2008 involved people between the ages of 12 and 17.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Cedar Rapids Community School District
- Cedar Rapids Community School District, Cedar Rapids, IA
- Roaring Fork School DIstrict, Carbondale, CO
- Faculty, pre-school, international school
- Scholastica, Dhaka, Dh, Bangladesh
- Diverse Learners Teacher
- AUSL, Chicago, IL
- Founding Principal, Charter School
- OLD STURBRIDGE VILLAGE, INC., Sturbridge, MA