Youth Drug Use
"Emergency Department Visits Involving Ecstasy"
Use of the drug Ecstasy appears to be rising among young people, and it’s sending more of them to hospitals, according to a report from the Drug Abuse Warning Network, published by the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
National survey data show that between 2005 and 2008, the percentage of teenagers who said they had used Ecstasy in the past year went from 1 percent to 1.4 percent. Nearly 18 percent of Ecstasy-related emergency-room visits in 2008 involved people between the ages of 12 and 17.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director II-Sudent Support Services
- Deer Valley Unified School District, Phoenix, AZ
- Fort Worth Independent School District, Forth Worth, TX
- Big Hollow School District #38, Ingleside, IL
- International Schools First Ever iFair
- International Schools Services, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA