Youth Drug Use
"Emergency Department Visits Involving Ecstasy"
Use of the drug Ecstasy appears to be rising among young people, and it’s sending more of them to hospitals, according to a report from the Drug Abuse Warning Network, published by the federal Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration.
National survey data show that between 2005 and 2008, the percentage of teenagers who said they had used Ecstasy in the past year went from 1 percent to 1.4 percent. Nearly 18 percent of Ecstasy-related emergency-room visits in 2008 involved people between the ages of 12 and 17.
Vol. 30, Issue 27, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Secondary Teachers
- Roaring Fork School District, Glenwood Spgs, CO
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL