News in Brief
N.C. Warned Not to Drop Exams:
The North Carolina judge overseeing a landmark state court decision on education has warned lawmakers that a plan to get rid of four end-of-course tests would violate the state constitution. Supporters of eliminating the standardized tests in U.S. history, Algebra 2, physical science, and civics and economics to save money say the tests aren't federally mandated. But Superior Court Judge Howard Manning Jr. warned that the tests are necessary and ensure children have an equal opportunity to get quality education.
Vol. 30, Issue 22, Page 5
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Amargosa Valley Elementary School, Amargosa Valley, NV
- Christ the King Preparatory School, NJ
- Round Rock ISD, Round Rock, TX
- Assistant Superintendent for Teaching and Learning
- Roanoke City Public Schools, Roanoke, VA
- The Berkeley Institute, HAMILTON, Bermuda