News in Brief
N.C. Warned Not to Drop Exams:
The North Carolina judge overseeing a landmark state court decision on education has warned lawmakers that a plan to get rid of four end-of-course tests would violate the state constitution. Supporters of eliminating the standardized tests in U.S. history, Algebra 2, physical science, and civics and economics to save money say the tests aren't federally mandated. But Superior Court Judge Howard Manning Jr. warned that the tests are necessary and ensure children have an equal opportunity to get quality education.
Vol. 30, Issue 22, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Lexington Public Schools
- Lexington Public Schools, Lexington, MA
- Glenbrook North High School, Glenview, IL
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Headmaster, K-8
- Jackson Hole Classical Academy, Jackson Hole, WY