News in Brief
N.C. Warned Not to Drop Exams:
The North Carolina judge overseeing a landmark state court decision on education has warned lawmakers that a plan to get rid of four end-of-course tests would violate the state constitution. Supporters of eliminating the standardized tests in U.S. history, Algebra 2, physical science, and civics and economics to save money say the tests aren't federally mandated. But Superior Court Judge Howard Manning Jr. warned that the tests are necessary and ensure children have an equal opportunity to get quality education.
Vol. 30, Issue 22, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- Director, Psychometrics & Statistics
- COLLIER COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Naples, FL
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- City of Cape Coral Charter Schools, Cape Coral, FL