News in Brief
New Commission to Investigate School Finance Equity
Twenty-eight advocates, researchers, corporate leaders, and lawyers have been asked to serve on a U.S. Department of Education commission that will examine the impact of school finance on educational opportunity. The panels members include Michael Casserly, the executive director of the Council of the Great City Schools; Stanford University education experts Linda Darling-Hammond and Eric Hanushek; and Randi Weingarten, the president of the American Federation of Teachers.
Vol. 30, Issue 21, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Project Manager, First the Seed Foundation Educational Programs
- First the Seed Foundation, VA
- Qualified KG or Elementary Classroom Teacher
- The International School Of Choueifat Manama, Bahrain, Manama, Bahrain
- Director of College Counseling
- Augusta Preparatory Day School, Martinez, GA
- Director of Technology
- St. Paul's School for Girls, Brooklandville, MD
- Director of Auxiliary Programming
- Lovett School, Atlanta, GA