News in Brief
New Commission to Investigate School Finance Equity
Twenty-eight advocates, researchers, corporate leaders, and lawyers have been asked to serve on a U.S. Department of Education commission that will examine the impact of school finance on educational opportunity. The panels members include Michael Casserly, the executive director of the Council of the Great City Schools; Stanford University education experts Linda Darling-Hammond and Eric Hanushek; and Randi Weingarten, the president of the American Federation of Teachers.
Vol. 30, Issue 21, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- K-12 Teaching Jobs, Available Nationwide
- CS&A, US
- Assistant Professor of High Incidence Disabilities (Position #6063)
- Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
- Senior Research and Policy Associate
- Stanford Center for Opportunity Policy in Education (SCOPE), Stanford, CA
- Tredyffrin/Easttown School District, Wayne, PA
- American School, Lansing, IL