News in Brief
Districts Paid Benefits to Dead
A New York audit of school spending on health insurance benefits found that 10 districts had paid nearly $239,000 to provide benefits for dead or ineligible retirees over nearly two years. The audit of 20 districts with high percentages of retirees who don't contribute toward their health insurance costs found that only two had written guidelines to ensure accuracy.
Vol. 30, Issue 18, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Austin Independent School District, Austin, TX
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Wissahickon School District, PA