News in Brief
Districts Paid Benefits to Dead
A New York audit of school spending on health insurance benefits found that 10 districts had paid nearly $239,000 to provide benefits for dead or ineligible retirees over nearly two years. The audit of 20 districts with high percentages of retirees who don't contribute toward their health insurance costs found that only two had written guidelines to ensure accuracy.
Vol. 30, Issue 18, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, City Schools of Decatur
- City Schools of Decatur, Decatur, GA
- Scale Your Impact. Lead a Portfolio of Cleveland Schools. Apply today!
- Cleveland Metropolitan School District, Cleveland, OH
- Aspen High School Principal
- Aspen School District, Aspen, CO
- Multiple Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, South San Francisco Unified School District
- South San Francisco Unified School District, South San Francisco, CA