News in Brief
Districts Paid Benefits to Dead
A New York audit of school spending on health insurance benefits found that 10 districts had paid nearly $239,000 to provide benefits for dead or ineligible retirees over nearly two years. The audit of 20 districts with high percentages of retirees who don't contribute toward their health insurance costs found that only two had written guidelines to ensure accuracy.
Vol. 30, Issue 18, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery CSD, Highland Falls, NY
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA
- Vice President -Curriculum & Instruction
- Discovery Communications, Silver Spring, MD
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA
- Current Superintendent Vacancies
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Multiple Locations