News in Brief
Federal Job Money Funds Bonuses in Wyoming Schools
The U.S. Department of Education persisted in giving Wyoming more than $17 million this past fall for a program intended to avert teacher layoffs even after Gov. Dave Freudenthal told the federal agency the energy-rich state didn’t need the money.
Rebuffed by the governor, the department pledged the money directly to the state education department, which recently approved applications from school districts to use the funds to pay for teacher bonuses and other benefits.
Vol. 30, Issue 15, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Director of Professional Services
- Engaging Schools, Inc., Cambridge, MA
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV