News in Brief
Parents Can Force Schools To Offer P.E., Court Rules
A California appeals court has ruled that parents can force public schools to provide state-mandated physical education.
Elementary schools are required by the state Education Code to offer 200 minutes of physical education every 10 days. The time doubles for middle schools and high schools.
The 3-0 state Court of Appeal ruling last week overturned a Sacramento trial judges finding that a parent had no standing to force enforcement of the law.
Vol. 30, Issue 14, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- CHIEF ACADEMIC OFFICER ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDANT, OPERATIONS
- Fresno Unified School District, Fresno, CA
- Green Chimneys, Brewster, NY
- Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery CSD, Highland Falls, NY
- Executive Director
- Sturgis Charter Public School, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent of Schools
- Ashburnham-Westminster Regional Schools, Ashburnham, MA