News in Brief
Parents Can Force Schools To Offer P.E., Court Rules
A California appeals court has ruled that parents can force public schools to provide state-mandated physical education.
Elementary schools are required by the state Education Code to offer 200 minutes of physical education every 10 days. The time doubles for middle schools and high schools.
The 3-0 state Court of Appeal ruling last week overturned a Sacramento trial judges finding that a parent had no standing to force enforcement of the law.
Vol. 30, Issue 14, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS - CANTON, MS
- Canton Public School District, Canton, MS
- Masconomet RSD Superintendent of Schools
- New England School Development Council, Topsfield, MA
- Classroom Teachers
- The Cambridge Schools, Doha, Qa, Qatar
- Superintendent, Clarke County Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Berryville, VA
- Upper School (6th-12th grade) General Studies Principal
- Robert M. Beren Academy, Houston, TX