News in Brief
Michigan State Launches Math-Science Institute
Michigan State University is expanding its efforts to improve math and science education by creating a new research center. The Institute for Research on Mathematics and Science Education, announced last week, will bring together “top scholars” in science and education and facilitate projects to tackle student-learning challenges from kindergarten through college, according to a press release. Initial research will focus on math, biology, and physics in grades 7-12 and at the college level.
Vol. 30, Issue 10, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Middle School Director
- Greensboro Day School, Greensboro, NC
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Director, Psychometrics & Statistics
- COLLIER COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Naples, FL
- Spanish Teacher
- Adams County School District 50, Westminster, CO
- Math Team Lead
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL