News in Brief
Michigan State Launches Math-Science Institute
Michigan State University is expanding its efforts to improve math and science education by creating a new research center. The Institute for Research on Mathematics and Science Education, announced last week, will bring together “top scholars” in science and education and facilitate projects to tackle student-learning challenges from kindergarten through college, according to a press release. Initial research will focus on math, biology, and physics in grades 7-12 and at the college level.
Vol. 30, Issue 10, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director, Human Resource Services (Data Analysis and Strategic Alignment)
- Duval County Public Schools, Multiple Locations
- Superintendent, Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District
- Fayetteville-Manlius Central School District, Manlius, NY
- High School Director at KIPP Delta Public Schools
- On-Ramps, Blytheville, AR
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ
- Claypit Hill Elementary School, Wayland, MA