News in Brief
Michigan State Launches Math-Science Institute
Michigan State University is expanding its efforts to improve math and science education by creating a new research center. The Institute for Research on Mathematics and Science Education, announced last week, will bring together “top scholars” in science and education and facilitate projects to tackle student-learning challenges from kindergarten through college, according to a press release. Initial research will focus on math, biology, and physics in grades 7-12 and at the college level.
Vol. 30, Issue 10, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- ISS iFair
- International Schools Services, US
- Principal K3-8
- Summerville Catholic School, Summerville, SC
- Teaching and Learning Specialist
- Southern Poverty Law Center, Montgomery, AL
- Enrollment Ombudsman
- Hempstead Union Free School District, Long Island, NY
- Allegheny Valley School District, PA