News in Brief
'Intellectual Disability,' Not 'Retardation'
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed legislation to remove the terms mentally retarded and mental retardation from federal laws, to be replaced with "intellectually disabled/disabilities." The bill, already approved by the Senate and sent to the president, is called "Rosa's Law", for Rosa Marcellino, a 9-year-old from Maryland with Down syndrome.
Vol. 30, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- High School Physics Teacher
- The International Educator (TIE), Major cities worldwide, In, United Kingdom
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Park City School District, Park City, UT