'Intellectual Disability,' Not 'Retardation'
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed legislation to remove the terms mentally retarded and mental retardation from federal laws, to be replaced with "intellectually disabled/disabilities." The bill, already approved by the Senate and sent to the president, is called "Rosa's Law", for Rosa Marcellino, a 9-year-old from...
This article is available to subscribers only.
To keep reading this article and more, subscribe now or start a 2-week FREE trial.
Access selected articles, e-newsletters and more!
- Roaring Fork School District, Carbondale, CO
- Chattahoochee Hills Charter School, Multiple Locations
- Portola Valley School District, Portola Valley, CA
- Ann Arbor Public Schools, Ann Arbor, MI
- Chief Academic Officer
- Maryland State Department of Education, MD