News in Brief
'Intellectual Disability,' Not 'Retardation'
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed legislation to remove the terms mentally retarded and mental retardation from federal laws, to be replaced with "intellectually disabled/disabilities." The bill, already approved by the Senate and sent to the president, is called "Rosa's Law", for Rosa Marcellino, a 9-year-old from Maryland with Down syndrome.
Vol. 30, Issue 06, Page 5
Get 10 free stories, e-newsletters, and more!
- Spanish Teacher
- Adams County School District 50, Westminster, CO
- Head of School
- Saint James School, Montgomery, AL
- Program Manager
- Institute for Educational Advancement, Pasadena, CA
- Math Team Lead
- Perspectives Charter Schools, Chicago, IL
- Director, Psychometrics & Statistics
- COLLIER COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Naples, FL