News in Brief
'Intellectual Disability,' Not 'Retardation'
The U.S. House of Representatives has passed legislation to remove the terms mentally retarded and mental retardation from federal laws, to be replaced with "intellectually disabled/disabilities." The bill, already approved by the Senate and sent to the president, is called "Rosa's Law", for Rosa Marcellino, a 9-year-old from Maryland with Down syndrome.
Vol. 30, Issue 06, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Multiple Positions
- Township High School District 113, IL
- Southeast Polk Community School District, Pleasant Hill, IA
- School Based Therapist
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, WA
- Eugene School District 4J, Eugene, OR
- Program Officer, Teacher Development
- Knowles Science Teaching Foundation, Moorestown, NJ