News in Brief
Maryland Orders Environmental Education
The Maryland state board of education voted last week to make environmental education part of students’ education, but it stopped short of making it an official graduation requirement. Instead, schools must include such education in prekindergarten through 12th grade classes, and all students must complete a “local action” project to improve the environment, either individually or with their schools. Beginning in 2015, superintendents will have to certify that the regulation’s requirements are met.
Vol. 30, Issue 05, Page 5
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Alphonsus Academy & Center for the Arts, Chicago, IL
- Park City School District, Park City, UT
- Online Career Fair - Clark County School District
- Clark County School District, Las Vegas, NV
- Director of John C. Dunham STEM Partnership School
- Aurora University, Aurora, IL
- Director of Schools (Superintendent)
- Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools, Nashville, TN